Acne or pimples is a common skin condition that affects people of all ages and occurs as a result of hormonal imbalances that trigger the overproduction/excessive production of sebum (skin oil) by the sebaceous glands leading to the appearance of red, swollen bumps on the face. Many acne sufferers get distressed not only by the fact that they suffer an acne breakout but also because the pimples rear up in what seems to be the exact same spot, sometimes right after they have just finally healed up. Acne breakouts not only make you look unattractive and depressed but can also lead to low self-esteem.
Through this blog, we will familiarize you with the reasons as to why acne returns and what steps can be taken to stop the acne cycle.
Why Acne Return?
The reasons for recurring pimples or acne can be manifold including hormonal imbalances during the menstrual cycle, unhealthy eating habits/eating junk and oily food excessively, smoking, poor skincare regimen, overactive oil glands, touching and squeezing the pimples, or taking certain medications such as corticosteroids or anticonvulsants.
What to Do to Stop the Acne Cycle/Best Remedies to Get Rid of Acne Fast
We will now bring forth some of the best tips and remedies for getting rid of acne fast and stopping the acne cycle.
- Use the Right Face Wash/Cleansers for Skin: Cleansing your face with regular soaps does not prove to be effective for getting rid of acne. You must opt for oil-free, water-based non-comedogenic cleansers and face washes that serve effectively at removing oil and dirt without over-drying your skin. It is better to opt for salicylic acid/glycolic acid based cleansers and face washes and utilize gentle non-abrasive cleansing techniques.
- Use Oil-free Moisturizer: Failing to keep the skin moisturized results in over-drying of skin causing excessive oil production. It is vital to keep the skin moisturized and hydrated with oil-free, water-based moisturizer designed for acne-prone skin to prevent acne formation and stop the acne cycle.
- Keep your Skin Hydrated/Drink Plenty of Water: Water works miraculously for skin and helps in keeping the skin glowing, radiant and flushes out toxins thereby making the skin brighter, nourished and healthy. You must incorporate plenty of water in your routine by eating water-rich fruits and vegetables, drinking plenty of water throughout the day and consuming fresh fruit juices to keep your skin hydrated.
- Stick to a Healthy, Balanced Diet/Avoid Unhealthy Diets including Junk and Fried Foods: Unhealthy eating habits are one of the major causes of acne breakouts. You must stick to a healthy and balanced diet comprising plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Avoid fried, oily and junk foods that contribute to acne formation. Instead, increase the intake of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals in the form of berries, citrus fruits, fresh fruit juices and leafy vegetables.
- Get Enough Sleep/Avoid Stress: Stress is one of the major contributors to the development of acne, so you must make sure to get enough sleep since it is one of the best natural stress relievers. Sleep is one of the times when skin repair and rejuvenation takes place, therefore, make it a point to get enough sleep to prevent acne breakouts.
- Opt for Natural Home Remedies for Acne Treatment: You can opt for natural acne treatment options to stop the acne cycle and prevent acne breakouts. Natural acne treatment options include coconut oil, tea tree oil, rosemary essential oil, apricot seed oil, lavender essential oil, castor oil, etc. Apply any of these oils to your acne area and let it stay for a while to ensure acne removal. These natural oils have anti-bacterial properties that help to keep the skin free of scars and acne.
- Avoid Touching your Face: Avoid touching your face on a regular basis since it can easily drag bacteria and dirt from your hands to your face thereby causing acne and pimples. You must also avoid touching and squeezing the pimples and blackheads since it will introduce more bacteria to the skin and make your acne worse.
- Shower After Working Out/Shower Often: It is vital to take showers regularly to keep oil production low, kill bacteria and rinse away dead skin cells. Make sure to take a shower immediately after exercising to rinse away the dead skin cells your body has sloughed off through sweating and use shampoos that limit oil production in your hair.
- Use Oil-free Makeup: If you observe that your makeup is clogging your pores and causing blackheads, you can switch to acne-fighting oil-free mineral makeup that will prevent worsening up your acne. You can also opt for power foundations in comparison to the regular ones and avoid sleeping with makeup on your face at night since it will clog your skin pores. You must regularly clean makeup brushes to prevent the growth of bacteria and acne breakouts.
- Use a Toner after Cleansing/Opt for Apple Cider Vinegar and Toothpaste Acne Treatment: You must apply a toner to your face after washing your face or exfoliating it or applying a face mask. The benefit of using toners is that they tighten the pores making dirt and oil less likely to become trapped in them. You can opt for witch hazel toners or apple cider vinegar acne treatment that is highly effective for getting rid of acne owing to its high beta-carotene content and anti-bacterial properties. Make sure to allow toners to stand on the skin and do not rinse them off immediately. Alternatively, you can consider using toothpaste for acne treatment by washing your face with a non-abrasive, gentle cleanser and applying a small amount of toothpaste directly over the pimples area.
- Opt for Acne Scar Treatment with Cosmetic or Topical Solutions: One of the effective techniques of treating acne scars involves using topical or cosmetic solutions. Topical acne treatment involves procedures such as chemical peels, dermabrasion, using skin fillers and cortisone creams or injections. These treatment options serve effective for acne scars removal, fighting inflammations, treating skin imperfections such as wrinkles, lightening acne scars and preventing acne scars from worsening.
- Go for Laser Acne Treatment: Dermatologists around the world are offering laser acne treatments that involve projecting strong intensity laser light to kill overactive oil-producing glands beneath your skin. Laser treatments for acne removal involve the use of ablative and fractional lasers. While ablative lasers project intense light wavelengths to the skin thereby removing thin outer layers of the skin, fractional laser treatment is comparatively less invasive since it targets only a fraction of the skin at a time. Laser treatment for acne removal can prove to be painful, however, has proven effective in cutting down acne 50% on average. We provide the best laser acne treatments and derma-roller treatments for acne removal at an unmatched quality and accuracy standards and highly economical prices. You can reach our professionals for laser acne removal through the following link: Acne Scar Treatment
- Use Face Masks: You can also consider applying face masks to your skin twice or thrice a week that help soothe your skin, clean up the pores and kill bacteria. You can opt for either store-bought or homemade face masks. It is better to prepare face masks from natural ingredients such as cucumbers, oatmeal, honey, egg white, baking soda, etc. Prepare natural face masks through a blend of two or more natural ingredients, apply it on the face and let it rest for 15-20 minutes for it to act and remove acne.
Conclusion: We hope that going through this blog will definitely familiarize you with the reasons as to why acne returns and some of the best tips for getting rid of acne and stopping the acne cycle.